People’s Co-Op Books
1391 Commercial Drive
Vancouver BC V5L 3X5
712B -12th Street
New Westminster BC V3M 4J6
Tags'Skeena' Launch in Surrey BC Ajmer Rode Anne Murphy Dr. Saif Khalid Farah Shroff Fauzia Rafique Libros Libertad Manolis New Fiction New Westminster Novel 'Skeena' by Fauzia Rafique Sadhu Binning Sana'a Janjua Sanjh Publications Skeena English Edition Skeena Punjabi Gurumukhi Skeena Punjabi Shahmukhi South Asian Canadian writer story of a Muslim Canadian woman Surjeet Kalsey Surrey BC Surrey Public Library Valerie B.-Taylor violence against women youTube
- PEN International Supports the World’s Most Powerful Land-grabber
- Praise be to Google Translate – But wait
- ‘My Mother’s daughter – Meri Maan Jayee’ a poem by Fauzia Rafique with English translation
- ‘It’s a Pity Trees in This City have Roots…’
- Sustaining the Onslaught of ‘Footware’
- This ‘Free Speech’? No Thanks!
- A Daunting Treasure of Hundreds of Handwritten Letters
- Not from the Elite but from the Street
- Awards Ceremony – Surrey Muse Art & Literature Awards 2022
- Shah Hussain: Kāfi No. 4-6
- ‘Keerru’ by Fauzia Rafique reviewed by Rashid Javed Ahmed
- ‘CV’ a poem by Farooq Sulehria
- ماں بولی، بھین بولیاں، تے پنجاب دی اک لکھاری ‘Mother Language – Sister Languages – and a Writer of the Punjab’ by Fauzia Rafique
- ‘پنجابی ادب وچ ’بابا ازم – ‘Babaism in Punjabi Literature’ by Fauzia Rafique
- A must read for all lovers of Punjabi literature – ‘Keerru’ by Fauzia Rafique
- Fauzia Rafique gets Ali Arshad Mir Award for novella ‘Keerru’
- A Doc with a Difference ‘The Massacre at Amritsar: Jallianwala Bagh 1919’ by Rajnish Dhawan
- Dhahan Prize for Punjabi Literature – 2013 to 2020
- Join 340 other subscribers
The Best Selling Punjabi Novel: Skeena
It’s a Best-Seller!
‘I am delighted to share with you the news that my first novel Skeena has become ‘the most-sold Punjabi novel’ of all times in Pakistan. In an email message, Publisher Amjad Salim Minhas said that ‘Sakina is the most sold Punjabi novel Sanjh has ever published; it is also the most sold Punjabi novel in Pakistan’.
This best-selling Shahmukhi Punjabi edition was published in 2007, and it was the most-launched book in Pakistan with events held in nine cities, each in partnership with local writers and literary organisations. This also made it the ‘most reviewed Punjabi book‘; and, the only novel that brought the movement for Punjabi language rights to the fore at each of its launching events.
‘It is interesting to note that Author Anthony Dalton’s 2011 predictions about Skeena’s English edition are sl–ow–ly but surely coming to pass in Punjabi, though we still have to see how the Gurmukhi edition does in the Indian Punjab where Skeena has never been published or marketed.
‘My gratitude to the readers, reviewers, peers; the publisher, editor, all members of the production team; and, the funders and supporters of Skeena’s Shahmukhi Punjabi edition for this profound and rewarding experience.
First published at
Fauzia Rafique, Novel 'Skeena' by Fauzia Rafique, Publisher Amjad Salim, Sanjh Publications, Skeena Punjabi Shahmukhi, The Best Selling Punjabi Novel: Skeena
This entry was posted on February 8, 2016, 9:03 pm and is filed under Comments, Feedback, Fiction, Literature, Reports. You can follow any responses to this entry through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.